The achievements of metalcasters in the areas of safety, sustainability, innovation and more were recognized by the AFS Environmental, Health & Safety Division during the annual EHS Conference.
The division presented awards in eight categories during the virtual conference, which runs Oct. 4-9. In total, 26 separate facilities were honored for excellence in EHS.
Green Foundry Awards recognize companies which have taken significant and novel approaches to improve sustainability, reduce energy and resource use, decrease or eliminate waste generation, reduce toxicity, identify beneficial re-use options for spent materials, and generally reduce their environmental footprint.
Waupaca Foundry Inc. (Waupaca, Wisconsin) received this year’s Green Foundry Sustainability Award. Receiving the Green Foundry Innovation Award was McWane Ductile Utah (Provo, Utah). John Deere (Waterloo, Iowa) was presented with the Green Foundry Community Engagement Award.
EHS Safety Innovation & Insight Awards were presented to ME Elecmetal, Duluth, Minnesota, (Health Award); Novis Works, Canton, Ohio (Insight Award); and Clow Valve, Oskaloosa, Iowa (Ergonomics Award and Safety Award). These awards honor innovative practices, programs, and projects that make plants safer, healthier or more ergonomically friendly places to work.
Recipients of AFS Safe Year Awards, which recognize AFS Corporate Member facilities which have achieved one year without a lost-time incident, were:
- Aalberts Integrated Piping Systems (Matthews, North Carolina)
- Alliant Castings (Winona, Minnesota)
- BCI Solutions (Bremen, Indiana)
- Bremen Castings (Bremen, Indiana)
- BRP (Spruce Pine, North Carolina)
- Gartland Foundry Co. (Terre Haute, Indiana)
- HA International (Westmont, Illinois)
- HA International-Oregon (Oregon, Illinois)
- Hiler Industries, Accurate Castings (La Porte, Indiana)
- Hiler Industries, Kingsbury Casting Division (Kingsbury, Indiana)
- JR Hoe & Sons (Middlesboro, Kentucky)
- Oil City Iron Works (Corsicana, Texas)
- Pier Foundry & Pattern Shop (Saint Paul, Minnesota)
- Schaefer Group-Beavercreek (Beavercreek, Ohio)
- Schaefer Group-Blue Ash (Blue Ash, Ohio)
- Schaefer Group-Dayton (Dayton, Ohio)
- Schaefer Group-Knoxville (Knoxville, Tennessee)
- Schaefer Group-Louisville (Louisville, Kentucky)
- Schaefer Group-Perrysburg (Perrysburg, Ohio)
- Stainless Foundry & Engineering (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)