If you're on the management track at work -- or if you aspire to be -- you're invited to get involved in AFS Young Professionals!
AFS Young Professionals is an American Foundry Society program designed to assist in continually developing the next generation of metalcasting leaders. Young Pros supports and strengthens the network of metalcasting’s next generation of leadership through personal development and outreach. Participants are members of AFS between the ages of 20 and 45 who are up-and-coming managers at their organizations. Members have access to networking events, executive skills training, and community outreach. Given the continuous need for leadership development in our dynamic industry, Young Pros plays an essential role in the sustainability of the industry.
What are the requirements to join?
To participate in AFS Young Professionals, you must be a member in good standing of AFS, and have the permission of your employer. That, along with your enthusiasm and commitment to growth, will allow you to derive tremendous benefits from this unique program, while giving back to the industry.
What does Young Pros entail?
- Executive Development Program: Members of AFS Young Professionals have access to a program focusing on strategic planning, human resources, finance, marketing, sales, technology, and personal and professional development through face-to-face meetings.
- Networking: AFS Young Professionals is your network for the next generation of metalcasting leaders. The group offers the value of interaction with other like-minded individuals working to grow as executives. Working together, executives and managers from metalcasting facilities provide an exchange of ideas and experiences as they work toward improving their company operation.
Jordan Brown (BCI Solutions) – Chair
John Letts (Laempe) – Vice Chair
Emily Shedlarski (Simpson) – Secretary
Evan Letourneau (Magma)
Hannah Bendig (Penticton)
Past Chair – Tom Bye (Dotson Iron Castings)
Interested in being involved with the AFS Young Professionals? Email Cathy Potts, AFS Director of Human Resources & Administrative Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Join AFS Young Professionals on CastingConnection.
If you would like to gain visibility to the next generation of metalcasting leaders, please consider supporting AFS Young Professionals. For more information on sponsorships, contact Kim Farrugia at email@example.com.
NEW AFS Young Professionals ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM - $2,500
This annual sponsorship is a one-time investment with exposure in multiple places for a one-year period. Deliverables include:
- Linkable company logo on main AFS Young Professionals landing page (12-month visibility)
- Company logo on AFS Young Professionals promotional emails
- Company logo on AFS social media channels promoting AFS Young Professionals
- Onsite visibility at multiple places for two events (spring and fall)
Cathy Potts, Senior Director of Human Resources and Administrative Services
847-824-0181 ext. 207