Nearly 1,000 members volunteer on AFS committees to gain updated knowledge, network with industry peers, bring new perspectives back to their companies, and give back by helping to advance the AFS mission of advocacy, education, and innovation.
As a Corporate or individual member of AFS, you are encouraged to get involved in the committees of your choice. The only requirements are a willingness to participate, company approval, and adherence to the AFS Committee Manual. Members that contribute their knowledge and efforts to committee work find that they can truly make a difference in our industry while simultaneously improving their own capabilities and professional growth.
If you would like to get involved and are not yet a member, call 800-537-4237 or click here to become a member!
2021-2023 Technical Council officers:
Chair: David Weiss of Eck Industries
Vice Chair: Brian Began of ASM
Secretary: Adam Kopper of Mercury Marine
Secretary-Elect: Tim Hoyt of Allied Mineral Products
2021-2023 Management Council officers:
Chair: Teresa Weber of ATEK Metal Products
Vice Chair: Alexandria Trusov of Alpha Resources LLC
Secretary: Jason Gutierrez of Soundcast
Both councils, in turn, update the AFS Board of Directors on committee work as it relates to advancing the AFS mission and values.
AFS Organizational Structure
- Division: Primary focus area.
- Committee: Sub-groups that focus on specific subjects within the Division goals. The committee leaders report back to the Division Executive Group.
- Task group: Less formal in structure, task groups are often small groups or individuals working on a specific assignment or function related to the division focus. Task groups are common in divisions where members meet as a unified group rather than as individual autonomous committees.
Technical Council Divisions/Committees
- Additive Manufacturing
- Engineering and Smart Manufacturing
- Aluminum and Light Metals
- Copper Alloy
- Cast Iron
- Melting Methods
- Lost Foam