As American Foundry Society members open their doors to their communities for Manufacturing Day 2022, AFS is providing resources for making these events a success.
Recognized nationally the first Friday of October, Manufacturing Day is a great way to connect with local communities and educators to share metalcasting’s crucial role in providing important jobs to the future generation of workers, and in producing goods which form the backbone of U.S. manufacturing.
“Metalcasters have a great story to tell,” noted AFS CEO Doug Kurkul. “AFS is providing videos, infographics, fact sheets, web pages, social media posts, and other resources to help metalcasters and suppliers communicate that great story – on Manufacturing Day and throughout the year.”
Common activities include plant tours, school visits, career fairs, and virtual outreach events. Manufacturing Day 2022 is Friday, Oct. 7, but members are encouraged to choose a date that works best for them.
To support the success of these events, AFS provides a Manufacturing Day toolkit on its website. The toolkit is divided into resources for member companies, educators, and students, and includes tools such as:
- A step-by-step Manufacturing Day guide to hosting an event;
- a news release template to invite local schools, public officials, and news media to a Manufacturing Day event;
- custom videos profiling metalcasting processes and careers;
- videos demonstrating 3-D printing and Foundry-in-a-Box procedures;
- an economic impact analysis showing how the U.S. metalcasting industry supports the wider economy; and
- metalcasting fact sheets, social media graphics, and other promotional materials.
AFS encourages companies to register their events here.
Members are also invited to share their plans with AFS so we can highlight your company’s event on AFS social media. Email Katelyn Stanek at email@example.com