An expert trade attorney will delve into U.S. steel and aluminum tariffs during an AFS Members Only Webinar at 1 p.m. CT Thursday, June 21.
Aman Kakar, associate at Arent Fox International Trade Group, will provide an overview of the Trump administration’s Section 232 tariffs and retaliatory tariffs by U.S. trading partners. Topics and questions to be covered in the webinar, titled “AFS Trade Webinar: Update on Section 232 Steel & Aluminum Tariffs,” include:
- Overview of steel and aluminum tariffs
- New retaliatory tariffs by U.S. trading partners
- What do these tariffs mean for U.S. iron, steel, and aluminum castings?
- Will these tariffs impact exports of U.S. castings – in particular, aluminum castings – which are covered in the 232?
- Update on the Department of Commerce investigation under Section 232 to determine if imports of automobiles and automotive parts in the U.S. threaten to impair national security
To register for “AFS Trade Webinar: Update on Section 232 Steel & Aluminum Tariffs,” click here.
This webinar is free to members and will be available for members to view later in the Webinar Archive. Non-members may pay $250 at registration.