If you are on the management track at your employer, or if you aspire to be, AFS encourages you to get involved in Future Leaders of Metalcasting!
Future Leaders of Metalcasting (FLM) is an American Foundry Society program designed to assist in continually developing the next generation of metalcasting leaders. FLM supports and strengthens the network of metalcasting’s next generation of leadership through personal development and outreach. Participants are members of AFS aging from twenty through forty-five who are on or aspire to be on the management track at their organization. Through two meetings per year, members have access to networking events, executive skills training and community outreach. Given the continuous need for leadership development in our dynamic industry, FLM plays an essential role in the sustainability of the industry.
What are the Requirements?
To participate, you must be a member in good standing of AFS, and have the permission of your employer. That, along with your enthusiasm and commitment to growth, will allow you to derive tremendous benefits from this unique program, while giving back to the industry.
What Does FLM Entail?
- Executive Development Program: FLM members have access to a program focusing on strategic planning, human resources, finance, marketing, sales, technology, and personal and professional development through face to face meetings.
- Student Outreach: Every FLM meeting includes outreach to help recruit the next generation of talent to the industry. This includes Foundry in a Box demonstrations, and college and high school tours.
- Networking: This is your network to the next generation of metalcasting leaders. The group offers the value of interaction with other like-minded individuals working to grow as executives. Working together, executives and managers from metalcasting facilities provide an exchange of ideas and experiences as they work toward improving their company operation.
Tom Bye (Dotson) – Chair
Jordan Brown (BCI Solutions) – Vice Chair
John Letts (Laempe) – Secretary
Emily Shedlarski (Simpson)
Evan Letourneau (Magma)
Hannah Bendig (Penticton)
Interested in being involved with the Future Leaders of Metalcasting? Email Cathy Potts, AFS Director of Human Resources & Administrative Services, at email@example.com for more information. Join FLM on CastingConnection.
If you would like to gain visibility to the next generation of metalcasting leaders, please consider supporting AFS Future Leaders of Metalcasting (FLM). For more information on supporting FLM through sponsorship, please contact Kim Farrugia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW FLM ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM - $2,500
This annual sponsorship would be a one-time investment with exposure in multiple places for a one-year period. Deliverables include:
- Linkable company logo on main FLM landing page (12-month endless visibility)
- Company logo on FLM promotional emails
- Company logo on AFS Social Media channels promoting FLM
- On-site visibility at multiple places for two events (Spring and Fall)
Cathy Potts, Director of Human Resources and Administrative Services
847-824-0181 ext. 207