Introduction to Coreless Induction Furnace Operation
This course provides participants with best practices for safe operating techniques for induction melting. Topics include furnace components, the sequence of operations for daily start-up, "normal" furnace operation and types of induction furnaces, the differences in induction furnaces sizes, and emergency situations and action plans.
Class participants will learn to:
- Identify furnace components.
- List the sequence of operations for daily start-up.
- Describe a normal furnace operation.
- Describe safe operating techniques of induction melting.
- List the types of induction furnaces.
- Identify an emergency and determine an action plan.
- List the daily maintenance tasks for induction furnace operations.
Course Length0.5 days
CEU Units0.30 CEU
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Furnace Components
• The Coreless Induction Furnace
• The System
Module 3: Basics of Induction Melting
• How Does Induction Work
Module 4: Furnace Startup
• Starting an Induction Furnace
Module 5: Induction Furnace Daily Operations
• Furnace Operation
• Furnace Hazards
Module 6: Induction Furnace Daily Maintenance
• Daily Maintenance Tasks
Module 7: Conclusion
Get More Info
If you would like additional information on these courses, or if you are interested in setting up either a chapter-sponsored course or an in-plant course, please reach out.
We are happy to provide you with more information to help you determine which course format is best for you and your employees.