Identifying the Correct Casting Defect
Participants will be introduced to a basic overview of a casting defect analysis procedure. Course topics will include an introduction to the 10-step method for casting defect identification, how to compose a problem statement, a discussion on the importance of recording process parameters, an introduction to navigating the “International Atlas of Casting Defects”, a path to identifying the correct defect and its root cause for corrective action. Learning a systematic procedure for root cause identification supports the business goal of designing, producing, and selling quality castings in a timely manner and in a safe environment at a profit.
Class participants will learn to:
- List the steps used in casting defect analysis.
- State the benefits of using a consistent approach.
- Identify a good problem statement.
- Collect process data using the process sheet.
- State the importance of evaluating data.
- Use the international atlas of casting defects classification system.
Course Length0.5 days
CEU Units0.60 CEU
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Casting Defect Analysis Procedure
• The 10-Step Procedure
Module 3: Problem Statements
• Identification and Definition
• Writing a Good Problem Statement
Module 4: Collect Process Data
• Data Collection
• Process Sheet
Module 5: Evaluate Data
• Relevant Data
Module 6: Classify and Identify Defects
• Defect Classification System
• Descriptions, Causes and Remedies
• Asking Why 5 Times
Module 7: Conclusion
Get More Info
If you would like additional information on these eLearning modules, or if you are interested in setting up a free demo, please reach out.
We are happy to provide you with more information to help you determine which course format is best for you and your employees.