"Great instruction and hands-on learning."
Green Sand Testing
This course provides detailed instruction on how to perform the commonly used green sand tests, including proper sand sampling methods from the “AFS Mold & Core Test Handbook”.
In addition to hands-on practice conducting sand tests, participants will be able to identify typical operating ranges for test values and communicate results.
Class participants will learn to:
- Describe green sand tests and sampling procedures.
- Identify green sand test frequency and purpose.
- Determine proper test equipment.
- Adhere to safety requirements.
- Run green sand tests independently.
- Determine and discuss acceptable green sand testing ranges.
Course Length1.0 day
CEU Units0.60 CEU
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Green Sand Testing Overview
• What Is Green Sand Testing?
• Sampling Procedures and Test Parameters
• Green Sand Test’s Frequency and Purpose
Module 3: Perform Green Sand Tests
• Determine Proper Testing Equipment
• Lab Safety
• Green Sand Testing Procedures
Module 4: Green Sand Testing Ranges
• Green Sand Testing Acceptable Ranges
• Discuss Green Sand Test Results