"This course was great and at a level which was beneficial to me. I would definitely recommend!"
Copper Metalcasting 101
This course introduces the characteristics and properties of copper, alloying elements and their general applications, as well as considerations for working with cast copper parts. This course also covers melting and casting technology and looks at the decision-making process behind specific technologies used.
This course includes practical and theoretical knowledge for those entering or establishing relationships with others in the copper casting business. It provides a comprehensive foundation of the processes, treatments and practical applications of cast copper and walks the participant through decisions that affect final product cost.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe the principle properties of copper and its uses.
- Explain the Unified Number System for Copper.
- Discuss the role of alloying elements in copper castings.
- Identify copper alloys suited to specific applications.
- Identify common melting methods for copper.
- Identify common molding/casting methods for copper.
- Describe common copper defects.
- Discuss foundry safety.
- Describe some environmental concerns when handling lead-containing copper alloys.
Course Length1.0 day
CEU Units0.50 CEU
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Overview of Copper
• Use of Copper Castings
• Copper Processing
Module 3: Copper Properties and Alloying Elements
• Basic Atomic Structure
• Physical and Mechanical Properties of Copper
• Copper Alloy Designation System and Alloying with Copper
Module 4: Applications of Copper Alloys
• Copper Families: Properties and Applications
• Alloy Selection
Module 5: Copper Melting Technology
• Furnace Types
• Melt Control
Module 6: Copper Casting Process Technology
• Copper Casting Process Introduction
• Sand Molding Process
• Permanent Molding Process
• Investment Casting Process
• Value Added Services
Module 7: Safety and Regulations
• Metalcasting Safety
• Environmental Safety
Module 8: Conclusion
Get More Info
If you would like additional information on these eLearning modules, or if you are interested in setting up a free demo, please reach out.
We are happy to provide you with more information to help you determine which course format is best for you and your employees.