"Well thought-out course. It generated a lot of good/valuable conversation."
Casting Supplier Auditing
Held at a metalcasting facility, this course will review methods supply chain personnel utilize to effectively perform audits of metalcasting facilities. Topics covered will include determining audit requirements, developing and preparing to perform an audit, and closing the audit loop. Participants will spend the better part of the second day auditing several different areas of the foundry as part of this interactive and hands-on course.
This course is only open to employees from companies who design and/or purchase metal castings. Class size is limited to 20 participants.
Participants will gain knowledge of metalcasting terminology, and more importantly, be able to develop and conduct effective audits tailored for their casting supplier.
Class participants will learn to:
- Identify major factors affecting casting supplier auditing, including: management, sales, training, production, maintenance, quality checks and shipping.
- Perform audits within the metalcasting industry, showing aptitude of processes in both the office and shop floor areas of a casting supplier.
Course Length2.0 days
CEU Units1.20 CEU
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Approach to Design
• Understanding the End Product You Are Designing
• Design Approach
Module 3: Casting Materials
• Selecting a Casting Alloy
• Comparison of Alloy Selection
Module 4: Selecting a Metalcasting Process
• Selection Considerations
• Casting Methods
• Additive Manufacturing
Module 5: Practical Casting Design
• Dimensional Control
• Considerations of Secondary Operations in Design
• Casting Simulation
• Design Conversions