Metalcasting Safety Week Webinars
April 2, 2012
OSHA's Revisions to the Hazard Communication Standard
Tuesday, May 8, 10 a.m. CDT
Presented by Kay Rowntree, Industrial Hygiene Sciences LLC, Waterford, Wis., 10-Q member
OSHA recently released its revision to it's HAZCOM standard. Learn how it will affect metalcasting facilites and address the following issues:
- What is Global harmonization (GHS)?
- What is Changing in the OSHA HAZCOM Standard?
- How will these changes affect chemical users?
Register now (scroll down to May 8).
OSHA Recordkeeping: Doing it Right
Wednesday, May 9, 10 a.m. CDT
Presented by Edwin Foulke, former head of OSHA
Learn how to avoid unecessary fees and citations.
- Don’t let your OSHA recording keeping become a burden. This webinar will guide you through: reporting fatalities and catastrophes; keeping injury and illness records; current recordkeeping forms; clarifying the definition of work relationship; limiting the recording of pre-existing cases and adding new exceptions for some injury and illness cases; new definitions of medical treatment; first-aid and restricted work; criteria for recording work-related injuries and work-related illnesses and counting days away from work and restricted days and job transfer.
Register now (scroll down to May 9).
OSHA Hot Topics
Thursday, May 10, time TBD
Presented by Stephanie Salmon, AFS Wasington D.C. Office
- What is the status of OSHA’s Crystalline Silica Rulemaking?
- Other agency priorities including noise and safety programs.
- Overview of increased enforcement & penalties on metalcasting facilities.
Register now (scroll down to May 10).
*Webinars are free to all AFS members. The registration fee for non members is $100.
*All registered participants will receive a confirmation email.
*Contact email@example.com with any questions or if the confirmation email is not received.