Metalcasting Congress a Hit in Vegas
April 14, 2009The metalcasting industry was on display at the 113th Metalcasting Congress, held April 7-10 at the Paris Hotel, Las Vegas. Cosponsored by AFS and the North American Die Casting Association (NADCA), the event included 1,215 attendees, while 174 companies showcased the latest technology, equipment and services available to the metalcasting industry. In addition, technical and management sessions offered advice and research findings in all areas of metalcasting.
A highlight of the Metalcasting Congress was the presentations of six prestigious awards:
- Thomas W. Pangborn Gold Medal—presented to Victor LaFay, research and technical development manager in North America, S &B Industrial Minerals NA Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio
- AFS Awards of Scientific Merit—presented to David Caulk, technical fellow, General Motors Research and Development Center, Troy, Mich. and Sam Ramrattan, professor. in the Department of Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Western Michigan Univ., Kalamazoo, Mich.
- AFS Service Citation—awarded to Harold Hoak (retired)
- Ray H. Witt Award—presented to Gerald Cole, Light Weight Strategies LLC, Franklin, Mich.
- Howard F. Taylor Award—presented to David Caulk and Martin Barone, General Motors Research and Development Center.
In 2010, AFS and NADCA will be hosting CastExpo and the 114th Metalcasting Congress in Orlando. For more information on the 113th Metalcasting Congress, contact Dave Krugman, AFS PR and marketing coordinator, at 800/537-4237 x 286 or firstname.lastname@example.org.