AFS to host webinar series on controlling crystalline silica
February 26, 2018
The American Foundry Society is hosting a series of six monthly webinars to help metalcasters become silica-compliant as the June 23 deadline for OSHA’s new PEL regulations approaches.
The Members-Only Webinar series on controlling crystalline silica will share practical ideas from the industry to help metalcasters develop an organized silica plan that is both efficient and cost-effective.
Webinars in the crystalline silica compliance webinar series are:
- “Silica Substitutes: Will They Work for Your Foundry?” Wednesday, Feb. 28, 1 p.m. Central
- “How to Select an Industrial Hygienist and What to Expect,” Thursday, March 29, 1 p.m. Central
- “Respiratory Protection and Silica Medical Surveillance Programs,” Thursday, April 26, 1 p.m. central
- “Control of Silica Exposures – Part 1: Identification and Evaluation of Silica Exposure Control Options,” Wednesday, May 30, 1 p.m. Central
- “Control of Silica Exposures – Part 2: Preparing a written Silica Exposure Control Planning,” Thursday, June 28, 1 p.m.Central
- July webinar TBA
Questions may be submitted in advance of each monthly webinar to email@example.com, with the subject line “Silica Webinar Question.”
Webinars are free to AFS members as a benefit. Non-members may pay at registration. To register for February’s webinar, please click here. Registration will open later for subsequent webinars.
Many resources are available to members now on the AFS website at www.afsinc.org/silica, including a Silica Compliance Timeline and many supporting documents, forms, and checklists to assist in attaining compliance with the new silica rules.
The American Foundry Society is a dynamic technical and advocacy organization that serves and represents the $33 billion metalcasting industry. AFS is the only association serving the entire industry, including all metals and processes, with a three-part focus on advocacy, education, and innovation. AFS also publishes Modern Casting and Metal Casting Design & Purchasing magazines and presents Metalcasting Congress and CastExpo, the largest metalcasting trade events in North America. Founded in 1896, the organization is based in Schaumburg, Illinois, with an advocacy office in Washington, D.C. More information is available at afsinc.org.