FEF College Industry Conference Awards Scholarships
December 11, 2013
More than 300 industry executives, student delegates, key professors and university administrators attended this year’s FEF College Industry Conference, held in November at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago.
A Career Information Session gave 85 student delegates the opportunity to interact with representatives of 44 companies in the metalcasting industry. The 2014 conference will be held November 20-21 at the Westin Michigan Avenue in Chicago.
FEF’s highest award, the E.J. Walsh Award, was presented to longtime FEF Board Member and FEF Past President (2010) Tom Cobett. The FEF/AFS Distinguished Professor Award was given to FEF Key Professor Darryl Webber, Trine Univ., in recognition of his demonstrated personal interest in his students and his interaction with the industry.
The Keith Millis scholarship recipients are Erica Hill, Univ. of Northern Iowa; Steve Miller, Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Connor Montgomery, Wisconsin-Platteville; and Matthew Wason, Univ. of Northern Iowa. The Ron Ruddle Scholarship went to Peter Kim, Virginia Tech.
Student Delegate scholarships were presented to 21 students, who received a total of $46,000:
• AFS-Saginaw Valley Scholarship, Joseph Gray, Western Michigan
• AFS Southwestern Ohio Scholarship, Scott Hartman, Penn State
• Ron & Glenn Birtwistle Mem. Scholarship, Mary Cartier, Wisconsin-Platteville
• Ron & Glenn Birtwistle Mem. Scholarship, Joshua McLennan, Pittsburg State
• Donald Brunner Schol.-ThyssenKrupp Waupaca, Bill Wardon, Wisconsin-Platteville
• Paul Carey Memorial Scholarship, Jon Giove, Western Michigan,
• Clifford Chier-Badger Mining Corp., Joseph Kaminski, Trine University
• Wm. E. Conway Schol.-Fairmount Minerals, Laura McGee, Kent State
• Tony & Elda Dorfmueller Scholarship, Tadeo Gonzalez, Inst. Tecnologico de Saltillo
• Richard Frazier Scholarship, Derek Denlinger, Missouri Univ. of Science & Tech
• Burleigh Jacobs Scholarship, David Fletcher, Univ. of Alabama
• John Deere Scholarship, Elijah Roth, Univ. of Northern Iowa
• James P. & Katherine Keating Mem. Scholarship, Gabriella Mirabelli, Virginia Tech
• Loper Award, John Calhoun, Univ. of Alabama
• MAGMA Schol.-John Svoboda, Ryan Breneman, Univ. of Michigan
• Modern Casting Scholarship, Jacob Roland, Purdue-West Lafayette
• Chester V. Nass Memorial Scholarship, Tyler Dietzschold, Pittsburg State
• Robert W. Reesman Mem. Scholarship, Dimitrios Kotsakis, Mohawk College
• Gary Thoe Schol.-ThyssenKrupp Waupaca, Steven Nygaard, Wisconsin-Platteville
• Ray Witt Memorial Scholarship, Mark Young, Trine University
• Robert V. Wolf Mem. Scholarship, Jared Kerker, Missouri Univ. of Science & Tech
For more information about FEF, see www.fefinc.org.
Saturday, April 16: 9 a.m to 5 p.m.
Sunday, April 17: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday, April 18: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday, April 19: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.