- December 2, 2014 : Coldbox Process 101 #12-15
Coldbox Coremaking 101, is an introduction to the coldbox coremaking process used within a foundry. Discussion will include terminology, common sands and binder systems used to make cold box cores, the core making process, using and maintaining equipment, and considerations for identifying core defects. This course is a pre-requisite for advanced coremaking courses.
- December 3, 2014 : 4F Committee Webinar
- December 3, 2014 : 8G Committee Meeting
- December 4 – 5, 2014 : Casting Defect Analysis #13-15
In order to determine the true root cause of a casting defect and select the proper corrective action, a systematic evaluation method must be applied. The intention of this course is for participants to become proficient in applying a ten step procedure that will enable them to analyze and reduce metalcasting defects by correctly identifying defects and their root causes, and determining appropriate corrective actions. This course is applicable to sand molding processes (green, nobake, coldbox, shell).
- December 4, 2014 : Webinar: Studies of a Quenched Cupola
- December 9 – 10, 2014 : Casting Supplier Auditing #14-15
This course will review the methods supply chain personnel need to utilize to effectively perform audits of metalcasting facilities. Topics covered will include: an overview of the audit process; determining audit requirements; developing and preparing to perform an audit; and closing the audit loop. Held at a casting supplier, participants will spend the better part of the second class day auditing several different areas of the foundry as part of this interactive and hands-on course. In addition, the course registration fee includes a networking dinner December 9.
This course is only open to employees from companies who design and/or purchase metalcastings, and class size is limited to 20 participants. All participants will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement with Waupaca Foundry. Click the link below to view and download the form. This signed form is required prior to registration. Please contact Celeste Smith at email@example.com or 847-824-0181 x209 to submit your form and register.
- December 9, 2014 : 10AB Committee Meeting
- December 9, 2014 : 10F - Committee Meeting
- December 10 – 13, 2014 : Steel Founders’ Society of America (SFSA) National T&O Conference
- December 10 – 11, 2014 : 2014 Marketing & Selling of Castings Conference
This year’s keynote address is “Brand Harmony: Four Steps to Unleash the Latent Profit in Your Business,” by Steve Yastrow, bestselling author and business advisor.
- December 10, 2014 : 10E - Committee Meeting
- December 10, 2014 : 10QSub - Committee Meeting
- December 11, 2014 : 10Q - Committee Meeting
- December 11 – 12, 2014 : Division 14 Committee Meeting and Plant Tour
- December 16 – 17, 2014 : Casting Design #15-15
This course addresses principles of effective metalcasting design by delving into the major factors that affect final part design.
Participants will explore alloy selection, metalcasting process capabilities and limitations and their effects on casting design, and the impact of secondary operations. Other major topics will include design for manufacturability, fab to casting design conversions, dimensional control, and the importance of casting simulation. Discussion and case studies will be used throughout this 2 day course to illustrate effective and practical casting design principles. Participants should have knowledge and experience in designing engineered components prior to attending this course.
- December 16, 2014 : 4A1 Committee Meeting
- December 17, 2014 : AFS/CMI Finance Committee Meeting