Advocacy for the Metalcasting Industry
AFS is the voice of the metalcasting industry in our nation’s capital and works to enhance the legislative and regulatory climate for it members. The society evaluates proposed federal legislative and regulatory actions, testifies before committees and agencies, and aggressively advocates and educates government officials about the industry’s top concerns and priorities.
With AFS' team of advocacy professionals located blocks from the U.S. Capitol, the society works directly with elected officials, congressional staff and government agencies. This work delivers a bottom-line impact for AFS members. For more information, contact the AFS Washington Office at 202/842-4864 or email@example.com.
AFS corporate member Oil City Iron Works (OCIW) of Corsicana, Texas, recently hosted a plant tour for Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) and Representative Joe Barton (R-TX). Pictured, left to right, Eric Meyers, president of OCIW, Senator Cornyn, and Congressman Barton.
- AFS CEO Writes Letter to Department of Commerce
- AFS CEO Writes U.S. Department of Commerce on the Request Information on the Impact of Federal Regulations on Domestic Manufacturing
- OSHA's Crystalline Silica Rule Threatens Foundry Industry
- EPA's Ozone Regulation Harms U.S. Metalcasters
- Invest in Our Nation's Water Infrastructure
- Support Common Sense Regulatory Reform
- Castings Are Critical to Our Nationa's Infrastructure
Government Affairs Solutions
AFS is your voice in Washington to work with Congress, OSHA and EPA. With our team of advocacy professionals located blocks from the U.S. Capital, AFS works directly with elected officials, congressional staff and government agencies to promote the interests of the metalcasting industry.
- Through the chapters and state metalcasting associations, dissemination of critical information at both the Federal and local levels.
- Priority and discounted registration for the annual Government Affairs conference, offering scheduled face time with political leaders.
- Advocacy on both legislation that affects metalcasting today and research & development dollars to support the future of the industry.
For more information, contact Doug Kurkul, AFS CEO, 847/827-7722.