Human Resource Assistance Team
While most organizations employ an HR person, it is sometimes impossible to have personnel on staff that are experts in all aspects of human resources.
The AFS Human Resources Assistance Team provides information and assistance to corporate member companies who need the help of HR professionals on topics related to our industry. Members of the Team would be persons who are willing to share their expertise with fellow metalcasters in the following areas:
* Union Avoidance * Contract Negotiations * Handling Grievances *
* Hourly/Salaries * Executive * Incentive Pay * Wage & Hour Law *
* Hiring Practices * Recruiting (college grads) * Orientation Programs *
Discharge Issues *
* Health Care * Other Insurance (Life, LTD, etc.) * Defined Benefit Plans (STD, Pension) * Defined Contribution Plans, 401K, etc. * Hybrid Plans (Cash Balance, etc.) * Other (Stock Option, etc.) *
Training and Development
* Operator Training * Management Training * Organizational Development *
* FMLA * ADA * Title VII / EEO * Sexual Harassment * Affirmative Action * Cobra *
* Orientation * Training * Incentives / Rewards *
* Allied Workers International Union * Glass, Molders, Pottery, Plastics and Allied Workers * International Association of Machinists & Aerospace Workers * PACE * United Auto Workers * United Steel Workers *
Benefit Cost Data
Wage Rates (Hourly Labor)
Corporate members are invited to call Cathy Potts, at 800/537-4237 x207 or email@example.com. Callers will be referred to a member of the HR Team. We anticipate that most questions could be handled by telephone, but written information may also be provided by fax or e-mail.