e-Learning and Library Subscription Program
AFS and the Institute has launched an exciting new training and education program available to Corporate Members. You choose what your staff learns and when. Take one course module at a time, or binge-learn for a day. Hit the start button for learning today.
“The AFS e-Learning modules are now a part of the learning and development process for key positions within our production and quality departments. The modules' content and examples provide consistency for the building and the transferring of knowledge, with seasoned and new workers in specific areas of the operations.”
-Glenn Huneycutt, Division Training Manager, Charlotte Pipe & Foundry Co.
"I really appreciated the training and the e-learning management system was really easy to use."
-Alex Heimsoth, Sourcing Engineer/Industrials Group, Gardner Denver
"The AFS e-Learning program provided great value. As we transition generationally the courses cost effectively train onsite without travel."
-Tim Brown, Vice President, Benton Foundry
The e-Learning and Library Subscription Program gives your organization full access to online training modules for formal staff training or when specific needs arise, PLUS Unlimited access to the AFS Online Library of technical papers and articles. Individual modules also are available a la carte for $50 (members)/$100 (nonmembers) per student.
- Available first only to AFS Corporate Members.
- Unlimited access to all available AFS Institute e-learning modules.
- Exposes staff to various metalcasting processes, materials and disciplines.
- The ability to customize your training needs.
- Staff can learn together.
- Eliminates travel expenses and time out of office/foundry.
- Access to the AFS Online Library of technical papers and industry articles.
Program Requirements and Fees:
- Corporate membership must be maintained or established.
- You will need to designate a training administrator.
- Annual subscription fee based on number of employees PER FACILITY.
- A special introductory rate is being offered for the first year of this program.
- $500 up to 100 employees (per facility).
- $1,000 up to 250 employees (per facility).
- $2,000 over 250 employees (per facility).
Click here for a subscription form. For more information on the program, contact Neal Bender at email@example.com or 800-537-4237 ext. 213. You can also watch this webinar for more information.
For troubleshooting or frequently asked questions (FAQ) about using eLearning, click here.
Aluminum Casting Alloys
Aluminum Casting Applications
Casting Defect Analysis Modules
Introduction to Casting Defect Analysis
Gas Related Defects
Oxide Related Defects
Sand Related Defects
Shrink Related Defects
Casting Defect Analysis Practice and Conclusion
Cast Iron Modules
Introduction to Cast Iron
Introduction to Cast Iron Microstructure
Six Families of Cast Iron
Elements in Cast Iron
Introduction to Cast Iron Melting
Basic Melt Practices for Cast Iron
Introduction to Cast Iron Heat Treatments
Coldbox Coremaking Process
Coldbox Coremaking Components
Copper Casting Alloys
Copper Casting Production
Copper Casting Applications
Gating and Riser Design Modules
Functions and Features of a Rigging System
Basics of Heat Transfer Principles for Riser Design
Green Sand Casting Modules
Green Sand Raw Materials
Green Sand Preparation and Quality Control
Green Sand Molding Equipment
Green Sand Molding Process
Green Sand Compaction
Introduction to Green Sand Defects
Nobake Molds and Cold Process
Nobake Materials and Equipment
Sand Testing Modules
Methylene Blue Clay Test
Sieve Analysis and Grain Fineness Number (AFS GFN)
pH of Sand
Moisture Determination for Sand Testing
Sand Sampling Methods
AFS 2 in. Dia. x 2 in. Specimen Preparation, Rammer Method
Steel Casting Alloys
Steel Casting Production
Introduction to Steel Heat Treatments
Steel Casting Quality Requirements and Inspection Methods
More coming soon