The AFS Institute, formerly Cast Metals Institute, hosts more than 30 practical courses, seminars and workshops annually on all metalcasting processes, materials and disciplines, both in-person and online at AFS headquarters, in-plant seminars and other venues throughout North America.
Recently, the AFS Institute invested $1 million dollars to the metalcasting industry to develop and rework its courses and content. The work was ignited by a desire to increase the Institute’s relevance and respond to the industry’s request for shorter, more interactive courses.
- Course Schedule: This link provides calendar dates for upcoming courses scheduled.
- September-October 2016 Catalog: PDF of classes being offered through December 2016.
- In-Plant Training: Bring the Institute to your facility.
- Course Syllabi: See descriptions and syllabi for the growing list of courses regularly offered by the Institute.
- Certified Institute Instructors: All of the AFS Instructors are certified in their field.
The AFS Institute offers e-learning modules ranging from 15 minutes to 1 hour+ in length and viewable on any device or browser in our new Learning Management System (LMS).
Our e-learning modules focus on practical application you can use in your job immediately. Each module is based on adult education best practices and strives to engage you throughout the learning.
The e-learning modules consist of the following topics:
- 6 green sand molding modules
- 7 cast iron modules
- 6 casting defect analysis modules
- 1 Introduction to Metalcasting course
Stay tuned for more e-learning modules coming throughout 2016!
To be advised when more e-learning courses are available please contact Celeste Smith at email@example.com
E-Learning Subscription Program: Access the full suite of e-learning modules for your employees with a subscription.
E-Learning Modules a La Carte: E-learning modules ranging from 15 minutes to over an hour in length also are available for individual purchase.
Watch a video about how AFS meets the career and educational needs of its members.