The AFS Institute, formerly Cast Metals Institute, hosts more than 30 practical courses, seminars and workshops annually on all metalcasting processes, materials and disciplines, both in-person and online at AFS headquarters, in-plant seminars and other venues throughout North America.
Recently, the AFS Institute invested $1 million dollars to the metalcasting industry to develop and rework its courses and content. The work was ignited by a desire to increase the Institute’s relevance and respond to the industry’s request for shorter, more interactive courses.
- General Course Catalog: Review all the professional development and training opportunities available through the Insitute.
- Course Schedule: This link provides calendar dates for upcoming courses scheduled.
- January - June 2016 Catalog: PDF of classes being offered January 2016 through June 2016
- In-Plant Training: Bring the Institute to your facility.
- Course Syllabi: See descriptions and syllabi for the growing list of courses regularly offered by the Institute.
- Certified Institute Instructors: All of the AFS Instructors are certified in their field.
SELF-PACED INTERNET COURSES
The AFS Institute is developing a suite of micro e-learning courses, ranging from 15 minutes to 1 hour in length, and transitioning to a new Learning Management System (LMS) for all its internet courses. The new LMS allows courses to be viewable on any device or browser.
The new micro courses will be focused on practical application and incorporate text, audio narration, images, videos, activities/games/simulations and assessments. Ten to 15 of these new micro e-learning courses will be available summer 2016.
During the transition to the new LMS, our on-demand, self-paced internet courses will not be available. Please check back for updates as the e-learning development project progresses. To be advised when the new e-learning courses are available please contact Celeste Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch a video about how AFS meets the career and educational needs of its members.