The AFS Institute, formerly Cast Metals Institute, hosts more than 30 practical courses, seminars and workshops annually on all metalcasting processes, materials and disciplines, both in-person and online at AFS headquarters, in-plant seminars and other venues throughout North America.
AFS Institute has invested $1 million dollars to the metalcasting industry to develop and rework its courses and content. The work was ignited by a desire to increase the Institute’s relevance and respond to the industry’s request for shorter, more interactive courses.
- Courses: Categories and descriptions for the growing list of courses regularly offered by the Institute.
- Course Schedule: This link provides calendar dates for upcoming courses scheduled.
- In-Plant Training: Bring the Institute to your facility.
The AFS Institute offers e-learning modules ranging from 15 minutes to 1 hour+ in length and viewable on any device or browser in our new Learning Management System (LMS).
E-Learning Subscription Program: Access the full suite of e-learning modules for your employees with a subscription.
E-Learning Modules a La Carte: E-learning modules ranging from 15 minutes to over an hour in length also are available for individual purchase.
Our e-learning modules focus on practical application you can use in your job immediately. Each module is based on adult education best practices and strives to engage you throughout the learning.
The e-learning modules consist of the following topics:
- 6 casting defect analysis modules
- 6 green sand molding modules
- 1 nobake modling & coremaking module
- 1 coldbox coremaking module
- 7 cast iron modules
- 3 copper modules
- 1 aluminum module
- 1 copper module
- 1 Introduction to Metalcasting course
Stay tuned for more e-learning modules coming throughout 2017!
To be advised when more e-learning courses are available please contact Celeste Smith at email@example.com
Watch a video about how AFS meets the career and educational needs of its members.