The AFS Institute, formerly Cast Metals Institute, hosts more than 30 practical courses, seminars and workshops annually on all metalcasting processes, materials and disciplines, both in-person and online at AFS headquarters, in-plant seminars and other venues throughout North America.
Recently, the AFS Institute invested $1 million dollars to the metalcasting industry to develop and rework its courses and content. The work was ignited by a desire to increase the Institute’s relevance and respond to the industry’s request for shorter, more interactive courses.
- General Course Catalog: Review all the professional development and training opportunities available through the Insitute.
- Course Schedule: This link provides calendar dates for upcoming courses scheduled.
- Summer/Fall 2015 Catalog: PDF of classes being offered this summer and fall.
- Fall/Winter 2015 Catalog: PDF of classes being offered October 2015 through February 2016.
- In-Plant Training: Bring the Institute to your facility.
- Course Syllabi: See descriptions and syllabi for the growing list of courses regularly offered by the Institute.
- Certified Institute Instructors: All of the AFS Instructors are certified in their field.
SELF-PACED INTERNET COURSES
The Institute offers several options for on-demand, self-paced internet courses, which range from short-format courses as short as 30 minutes to full-length courses lasting several weeks. Most are taken through the Institute’s e-learning website, while a few are hosted by Banu Learning Systems.
For more information on courses, course schedules or in-plant training, contact the AFS Institute at 847-824-0181.
Watch a video about how AFS meets the career and educational needs of its members.