April 10 FLM Meeting at Metalcasting Congress
The next face-to-face meeting for the Future Leaders of Metalcasting will be Thursday, April 10 starting at 11 am in Room Schaumburg GH at the host hotel for the AFS Metalcasting Congress in Schaumburg, IL. The meeting has three parts (outlined below) that will touch on our objectives of Executive Development, Industry Outreach and Networking.
Registration for this meeting can only be done by contacting AFS customer service directly at 847/824-0181. You can register for the whole meeting or any part of it.
- 11 am to 2:30 pm: Executive Development Program (includes a box lunch)—As part of our Executive Development Program, we have a tremendous keynote speaker, Jeff Ward from Culture Index, who is going to discuss Benchmarking Organizational Talent (see below for a bio and brief presentation description for Jeff Ward). This will be followed by small group roundtable discussions to assist in applying Jeff’s information in your professional life. A special bonus for those attending this meeting…Jeff Ward will provide a full individual personality profile as well as information on how to interpret the results, including what it means and how best to use those data points in enhancing effectiveness (a link for the personality profile survey will be sent a week before the meeting). This high-value personality assessment is a resource FLM is providing its members to help them advance as executives while also helping their organizations push forward. To this end, Jeff also is offering early-bird registrants to the event (by March 20) an opportunity to do profiles on their whole management teams.
- 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm: Outreach-Career Discussion at Schaumburg High School (limit of 10 FLM members)—After the Executive Development Program, the FLM meeting will focus on industry outreach. A small group of FLM members (the first ten to register) will have the opportunity to visit Schaumburg High School and discuss careers in metalcasting with their advanced manufacturing technology and engineering students.
- 5-9 pm: Dinner at Texas de Brazil followed by Comedy Club ($75 fee payable to AFS at time of registration)—In the evening, FLM members are invited to come together for dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse, Texas de Brazil, followed by some laughter at a local Comedy Club. The fee for the dinner and entertainment is $75/person and must be paid at the time of registration.
Benchmarking Organizational Talent
Right Talent, Right Jobs, Right Fit
In this interactive presentation, Jeff Ward utilizes objective data gathered from each member and their management team prior to the presentation to discuss real people, in real jobs, in real situations. Key areas covered include:
- Benchmarking existing talent against organizational needs and requirements.
- Understanding people and their behavior in the workplace.
- Are the right people in the right positions to implement and execute on the organization’s strategic plan? How/When do you know?
- Talent management throughout the organization. How to better identify, hire, manage, motivate, develop, and retain top‐performing talent.
- Improving organizational effectiveness in hiring and managing through economic upturns and downturns.
This approach to benchmarking is unique in the sense that Ward uses fact‐based, objective data gathered on the Member and their management teams prior to the presentation to
educate and inform Members in a practical, interactive, “real life” presentation that focuses on real people, in real jobs, in real situations.
Value to Members: Members will have a deeper understanding of how people in their organization think and behave. Members will also gain a better understanding of how to
benchmark existing talent, as well as “prospective” talent, against organizational needs and requirements.
Jeff Ward Bio
Jeff Ward is a Licensee of Culture Index, Inc. Culture Index is an organizational development firm that specializes in helping business owners and top executives grow their business by helping to ensure the right people are in the right positions. Jeff works with business owners and top executives to help them better identify, hire, manage, develop, motivate, and retain top performing talent.
Jeff has been consulting with business owners, top executives, and their management teams for more than 20 years. Jeff began his career as a manufacturer’s representative consulting with business owners and executives in operational efficiencies, inventory control, and sales and marketing strategies in the automotive aftermarket. He went on to become a Director of Sales for a $500 million national technology firm where he led market expansion across the Midwest and Mountain States. Jeff went on to found and transition several successful businesses. Over the course of his career he has learned firsthand how important the "right people" are to the success of an organization. As a result, in 2004 Jeff went on to found his consulting practice, Culture Index, Chicago West.
Jeff resides in the western suburbs of Chicago with his wife and two children.