The American Foundry Society (AFS) has prepared several resources to be used with students of varying ages to plant the seeds to develop, grow and sustain the industry and necessary talent. Without cultivating new talent, the industry will not be able to remain competitive in today’s global manufacturing environment. AFS chapters, groups, teachers and even parents can draw upon this web page to spotlight the metalcasting industry and have fun while doing it!
- A special piece was created for PBS called, Spotlight on Metalcasting which can viewed as an introduction to the industry.
- A Metalcasting Industry profile offers a snapshot of the industry.
- If you or your group would like to give a presentation on metalcasting, Metalcasting: Who We Are is a customizable PowerPoint.
- For fun and instruction with students of all ages, order the Foundry in a Box.
- The one-page handout, What is Metalcasting, is a great resource to bring along to outreach events.
AFS, its chapters, committes and members continuously work to spread the word of metalcasting throughout their communities. Click here to see how.
AFS is committed to the metalcasting industry and the development of new talent to fill the demands of the industry, which is why 47 professional chapters and 37 student chapters operate throughout North America and more than 800 volunteers in the technical committee structure. Learn more about AFS by clicking here.
AFS also offers student membership, which provides similar benefits to individual members.